Sunday, April 29, 2012

On our way to Oregon to see Dana's family and the sites along the way

Here we go again! not even at our first stop yet and the heater went out in the coach! We have an electric heater so s long as we stay at campsites with hookups we will be fine or we just pray for warm weather, after all it's the end of April. We may or may not have or heater checked out in Oregon when we get there. Our coach was manufactured there and we do want to do a tour of the plant anyway!

First stop Lake Cachuma;


Welcome to Cachuma Lake Recreation Area

Set amidst acres of wilderness flanked by the picturesque Santa Ynez and San Rafael Mountains, lies glimmering Cachuma Lake. Here you will find practically everything you need for a relaxing getaway in the great outdoors. Mild temperatures, typically sunny skies, and celebrated fishing conditions make camping here during winter months exceptionally rewarding.

While our single campsites are first come, first served, we do offer a number of alternative camping opportunities, reservable in advance. Reserve a 1 or 2-bedroom CABIN with full bathrooms and kitchenettes. We also offer YURTS, a cross between a tent and tepee, with spectacular views of the lake, or reserve a GROUP area for your next group get-together.

Located off scenic Highway 154 in the Santa Ynez Valley, Cachuma Lake is midway between the beaches and bustle of Santa Barbara and the Danish Community of Solvang. At any age... in any season... you'll find that the Cachuma Lake Recreation Area offers a fun and relaxing getaway.



It is very relaxing here, so quiet, birds singing leaves blowing in the wind. I was laying on my bed after lunch to stretch out. All the windows were open, The motorhome surrounded by all the lush trees. It was like laying outside camping, just like I use to with my kids and my sister Pam. I could have fallen asleep if I would have let my self. I didn't tho, We decided to take the dogs for a walk..










Monday, April 30, 2012; Day 2 at Lake Cachuma

All snuggled up on the couch with my babies having my morning coffee.. getting ready to start our day.




We are going to take the dogs fore their last walk here. We are leaving to head to our next stop tomorrow. I don't know where that is. Jim plans the stops. We only like to go about 200 miles a day so we can enjoy that day at the campground.










If you have cute little guys like this, you may not want to stay here or at least watch where they walk. I was combing out foxtails and burs for hours after our walks. If your pet has ever had a bad encounter with either of these, you know how costly they can become in the form of a vet bill.







This Campground had a small general store; 1 pool that you paid $3.00 for 50 minute sessions of swimming time. You could buy multiple sessions tho. They say the fee is due to the 80 person limit in the pool at a time. "MY" opinion is, It's a total money maker (a rip off if you will). The pool is open from Memorial Day till Labor Day ONLY!

The fees for this campground are $45.00 per day for Full hookups which are (water; electric & sewer only) The campground was clean and does have a boat ramp for a fee. I don't know the fee because we did not use it. If you use this ramp you will be checked for all safety equipment, licence & registration and so on.


Here is Jim mapping out our next stop. I'll let you know tomorrow where that is! :)
>

After we got back from our walk I got a phone call from my mom's life alert company. Of course when you hear them on the other end of the phone line, your heart drops to the pit of your stomach! It seems that when my mom was doing laundry her hot water hose broke which set off her fire alarm. Fire Department and rescue were sent out. I guess her house got pretty flooded but the Fire Dept. cleaned it all up for her. I worry about my mom a lot because she doesn't walk anymore. I'm usually the one that runs over if something is awry. My sister Brenda went over and handled the loose ends today. :)
Pam and Billy will be buying a new washer for my mom this weekend because my mom is now afraid to use the one she has.



2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to read our Blog..